Contact Us

History

The cornerstone was laid for this handsome masonry and steel, two-story structure at 250 East Elizabeth Street in 1946. Constructed on a former lumber yard site by the Melville Shoe Corporation, for three decades, this was home to the Metro Pant Company. Men's and boy's trousers were manufactured and shipped across the country to retailers ranging from J.C. Penny to Saks Fifth Avenue.

An addition to the original building in 1953 allowed for increased productivity.

The Metro Building was purchased by Schewel Furniture Company in 1981 and used as a warehouse and distribution center for fine furniture and accessories.

We are proud to continue the tradition of the Metro building by offering luxury apartments and professional office space for lease.